Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Summer Expectations

A post with no pics, I can't hardly do it again. But just for now, I will.

What do you want to accomplish for the summer? Have fun and get a tan?? Well, if it wasn't for the melasma that comes with it, I'd already be on my way with that. Go ask a dermatologist if you don't know what melasma is... and no, it's not cancer.

I want to really get in shape, I mean really get there.

I want to spend every Friday with my husband and kids (and anyone who chooses to drop by) poolside in our own back yard, sipping lemonade and watching the dog bark at the robotic pool cleaner.

I want my house deal to close on the specified closing day and actually get paid the following business day...

I want to teach all 3 kids to play basketball.

I want to get through the summer without killing all the plants my husband just bought.

I want to read a book for fun and begin learning Spanish so I can go to another country and teach girls about purity next year.

I want to see every member of my family by the time school starts back and actually, I'm planning on it.

I want the summer to be endless, really. And I plan on, pray for, and can't wait to see what God has in store for us. I may want a lot of things, but what HE does and what HE is doing is so thankfully wonderful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The basketball isn't going to happen, mom. Face the facts!

Andrea said...

Sounds like a plan! I'll be taking summer classes (trying to finally finish my degree), and then going for a 2 week visit to meet my new niece, Story! I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I like the Spanish goal!! (Just finished writing an article about the conference and was remembering how incredible it was- you gotta come next year.)
Your Nicaraguan connection