Tuesday, February 01, 2011

At the Piano

This was what I was born to do. Music, play it, sing it, write it, share it...

If you know me, you know there's always that tune in my head, kinda annoying, really. And a bit distracting, especially if I'm trying to do normal things, like give directions to my house or tell a joke.

So I made a goal to enter a photo contest once a month. This month's challenge was "self portrait." I think every contest out there begins January with a self portrait theme. But honestly, I kinda struggled with this. For one, the time got away from me. No problem, I'm good at procrastinating, and can pressure it right in tonight. Before the snowmageddon11 hits. Before I lose power out here in the sticks. But also, I just seemed to do all these overly posed sets. Yuk. No one really likes a shot of themselves, but especially not one that's slightly blurry and dorky. So, here is my feeble attempt at being creative... while I create. Music, that is. I combined the first thing I ever really loved to do, with my second favorite thing to do (don't worry - FAMILY is still my first love and highest priority!). Hopefully, it's a good rendering. Cause now there's a new song stuck in my head.

No comments: